Getting to Maputo Mozambique
Flights to Maputo
There are daily flights to Maputo from Johannesburg South Africa
Click here for
flight schedule and prices
Papers needed and border
procedure for taking vehicles across the border into Mozambique
Driving to Maputo
There is now a good tar road all the way into Maputo from the
South African Border at Komatipoort.
- From South Africa take the N4 via Nelspruit to the Komatipoort border
- There is now a good tar road all the way into Maputo from the South
African Border at Komatipoort, there is a toll half way between the
border and Maputo.
- Just keep on the EN4 until you arrive on the outskirts of Maputo where
there EN4 takes one left turn,
- Follow the EN4 around the outskirts of Maputo city until the next
- Go straight on after the toll station and follow the road to a roundabout
(circle) go straight across passing the local market on your left.
- This is the main street that goes right through the centre of Maputo
Johannesburg to Maputo 540km
Johannesburg to Nelspruit 350km N12 / N4 road
Nelspruit to Komatipoort border 95km - N4 road
Komatipoort border to Maputo 95km - EN4 road two Mozambique tolls
Mozambique Toll Stations
These can be paid in Rand, US$ or Mozambique Meticais.
Please note Garage cards, debit cards and credit cards are
NOT accepted at Toll stations
There are not many toll routes in Mozambique the main two are on the road
between Komatipoort and Maputo.
View Larger Map