Other places to stay in Glenfinnan
Welcom to Glenfinnan Lodge
The Lodge is situated in a remote, elevated and private location 3 miles
up Glen Finnan from the A830. The Lodge faces down the Glen and has panoramic
views of the mountains. It offers some of the best equipped and spectacularly
located luxury self catering accommodation in the Scottish Highlands and
is graded at Four Stars by Visit Scotland. Our guests are always bowled
over by the setting and facilities when they arrive.
Please note we only take bookings for a party occupying the
whole Lodge whatever the size of the group.|
During peak season bookings are in weeks only. At certain times of the
year part week bookings may be available.
Built in 1976 but only recently totally refurbished to luxury standards,
Glenfinnan Lodge offers accommodation for a single letting of up to 10
adults in five twin/double rooms all with ensuite facilities.
Please note that the Lodge is strictly No Smoking
Two of the rooms have an additional "pull-out" bed so that they
can be used as family rooms, enabling groups of up to 12 to be accommodated.
· Oak flooring
· Extensive kitchen
· Twin Aga range with gas hob
· Large fridge freezer, dishwasher and microwave
· Real fires in 2 lounge areas, logs and peats supplied
· King/Single beds, high quality linen
· Full oil fired central heating
· Double glazing
· Conservatory opening on to steps down to:
· Large stone paved patio with hardwood table and seats
· Elevated position with panoramic mountain views
· Fully fitted ensuite bathrooms
· Laundry with tumble dryer
· Drying room
· Gun Room
· Ample car parking
· Midge Eater recently installed!
· Telephone point
We make every effort to cater for guests' individual requirements and
can usually help making those secret arrangements for special occasions.
Please note that there are no shops or petrol in Glenfinnan and the nearest
shops are twelve miles away in Corpach on the outskirts of Fort William.
There are two hotels in the village which both offer a choice of bar or
There is erratic mobile phone reception in the area. At the Lodge good
reception can be found on the patio or balconies.
The Estate has a wide range of assets to offer everyone
with an interest in the outdoors:
· Easy access to remote scenery
· Estate Lodge
· Boat access on Loch Shiel
· Small Lochan with trout fishing
· River Finnan
· Corryhully Bothy
· Glenfinnan viaduct
· Private 3 mile tarmac road
· 2 Munroes (Corryhully Horseshoe)
· Rock faces
· Panoramic mountain views
· Railway line with Steam trains in Summer
· 21km of off road and 4x4 terrain
· Spectacular views of National scenic areas
· Flora and Fauna
The facilities and equipment offered by the Estate are as follows:
· Rifles/ telescopes/ binoculars
· Helicopter landing and refuelling facilities
· Working deer larder
· Extensive local knowledge
Tweed: The Estate also has its own tweed made by Hunter's
The tweed reflects the colours of the local hills and is a real help to
the Stalkers needing to blend into the scenery.
There are a few sites of interest in Glen Finnan, these can be pointed
out during a visit:
· Corn Kiln
· Lazy Beds
· Ruined Crofts